It’s time to put those dreams to action and stop saying “if only had time for…”.
PICK A SKILL YOU HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO LEARN AND START PRACTICING IT! WE HAVE SOME IDEAS FOR YOU BELOW.
- Learn a new knot or practice that one you always forget.
- Practice your fire-starting skills, or building different types of fires.
- Get more comfortable reading a topographic map.
- Learn and practice proper packing and weight distribution for your next backpacking trip.
- Refresh your compass reading skills.
- Make a trip list for future adventures.
- Make that recipe you saved forever ago and forgot about.
- Create a personal budget or learn how to budget properly.
- Take a free class at Yale or Harvard (for a limited time only).
- Strengthen your creative side through watercolor, painting, scrapbooking, cardmaking, letter writing, or DIY projects.
- Wipe the dust off your camera and take some time to practice your photography skills (or learn via Youtube tutorials).
- Learn a new language (check out Duolingo or Memrise).
Need a little motivation?
Make it into a family game!
Create a contest to see who can tie a certain knot, cook the best meal, learn a song on the guitar, or start a fire first! Because who doesn’t love a bit of friendly competition…
Winner wins bragging rights and the ability to survive in the woods/ be spouse material.