The only campfire tips you will need
- Remember to pack your fire starting kit (see below for the best one!) Don’t forget to pack waterproof matches just in case.
- Decide your structure, and STICK WITH IT. There are 3 classic ways to build a campfire, choose one and be committed to it! Become familiar with the cone, log cabin and pyramid structures before your adventure.
- Rain? Make sure to build a cone style fire, as the wood protects the fire from the rain!
- Let your wood be dead and dry! Dried twigs, leaves, grass, stick shaving or needles are all great means of tinder. Then, find small dried out sticks on the ground for kindling as well as firewood from downed trees. Just make sure not to cut the wood from a living tree, as these trees play a crucial role in our complex ecosystem!
- Blow on the base of the campfire upon starting it to increase the intensity of your fire. Fires need oxygen to burn! If you have too much wood that is all crammed together, then air won’t be able to get in, and your fire will go out.
Sneak Peek into the Campfire Stories Theme
Light My Fire® Firelighting Kit
This kit provides an easy and foolproof way to get your fire started! Whether you are on the trail or around the campfire, this FireSteel produces a 5400°F burning spark that works even if it’s wet or windy. The Tinder-on-a-Rope is a natural fire starter, long-lasting and easy to light even when it’s wet! Plus – Load up your marshmallows onto Grandpa’s FireFork (found in the kit) and never lose your food to the fire again with its smart design.
SKRAP Skateboard Inc. Recycled Snowboard Bottle Opener
The ultimate bottle opener, made from retired snowboards. These bottle openers have more stories from the countless trips down the slopes than most!
Parks Project® National Park Playing Cards
Perfect for any Park Lover, these playing cards contain 16 different National Parks across the US. Pack ’em up and enjoy a game of cards around the campfire!
Scentuals Natural & Organic Skin Care Sleep Well Roll-on
Roll on a calming and soothing blend of therapeutic essential oils to relax you, making for a peaceful campfire and an even better night sleep!